Friday, March 23, 2018

Favorite Things of the Week


The happiest moment of my week?  
Hands down it was when one of my piano students (and neighborhood friend) brought me a gift he had made for me.  
IT WAS A 3D FOX PUZZLE!!!!!  It's made of aromatic cedar wood (it smells really good!).  He used a saw to cut the pieces and then he put all the pieces in box.  When I first opened it, I didn't know what it was.  I had to put it together to figure out what it was.  
The fox will sit in a place of honor on the piano.  It is the piano mascot and we will now hold a naming contest among my students to find a suitable name for such a distinguished fox.  
Seriously, is that not the coolest gift?? 

The second happiest moment of my week?  
Getting my nails done this week.  
Wait a minute, Betsy!  Aren't you the world's most horrific nail biter?  How could you get you nails done? You don't even have any nails?
Well, I used to be the worst nail biter in the world.  I have mended my wicked ways and I rewarded my efforts by begging my dear friend to do gel nails for me.  Along with the joy of having pretty nails, I got to spend a hour or more talking with my friend! Bonus!
It's the little things.  Except that this is a pretty big thing for me.  

The third happiest moment of my week?
Watching this gang of neighborhood boys hang out, play games, jump on the trampoline, ride bikes and scooters.  These Boyz in the 'Hood are pretty great and their hours of playing together sure makes my life easier.
This picture was actually snapped last week, but the scene has been repeated this week.  The biker/scooter gang.

My fourth happiest thing this week?
Hearing the sounds of laughter and conversation down in the basement on St. Patrick's Day night as the D&D club enjoyed a Irish feast.  Of course, Clark wasn't there, but it brought so much joy to my heart to chat with them and enjoy their wonderful spirit.  I adore them all!  I hope they return as often as they want.

My fifth favorite thing this week?
That at least we attempted to carry on Clark's tradition of the leprechaun hunt.  It was pathetic compared to Clark's creativity and efforts, but it was something.
Whatever.  Greedy children got their foil wrapped chocolate and the leprechaun avoided entrapment.  Everyone is a winner.  We're all good.

Not my happiest moment of the week?
Cutting Cannon's hair. 
Oh, it's not that bad, but it's no easy job and frankly, I'm not very good at cutting his hair.  Fortunately, curly hair is forgiving.  And nine year old boys are even more forgiving. 

No comments: