Monday, December 27, 2010

The REAL Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The lead up to Christmas is exciting- lots of anticipation, lots of activities, goodies, parties, presents.

But the week in between Christmas and New Years is the REAL most wonderful time of the year.  The children are so contented playing with their new toys.   Everyone is relaxed.  There is no school work to do, no schedule to adhere to.  A bare minimum of household chores for children to complete.   

I have all the time in the world to work on little projects around the house (provided I can do such projects one handed--baby George will be in the other hand).  I quite enjoy tidying the house and putting Christmas things away and marveling at all the extra space then available. 

At the moment my people are off at a neighbor's house playing and my little boys are both sleeping.  QUIET.  Weird, but in a good way. 

Last night we play a card game (Bang) with our three oldest and then Abe and I watched a movie.  These idyllic days may not seem like that big of a deal to some, but I have felt a great deal of pressure surrounding Christmas, and now I feel like I can breathe deeply again.

Real life will start soon enough I am so happy to have a few days to relax and enjoy my people.

1 comment:

Matt and Misty said...

I just read through all of you Christmas blogs and they were all so much fun. Makes us miss you guys. I think we are going to try to come out next year for Christmas. Love you guys!