Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa, Baby

We squeezed in a trip to see Santa at the mall.  BLAH!  I don't like the mall.  I do like Santa, but not the mall.  I like for Santa to come to the ward Christmas party.  I like church and and I like Santa and I like putting the two together.   We did have a lovely nativity play at the church party, but no Santa.
Could Santa have just come at the end of the ward party and saved me a trip to the mall?  Oh well.

This year Santa gave out a book about one person making a difference.  There were probably all sorts of underlying "green" messages, but it seemed relatively harmless.  Clark was not impressed with Santa's handout this year.  "This is the WORST thing Santa has ever given out!  He used to give out really nice coloring books and paper reindeer ears!"

I tried to explain to Clark that perhaps his perspective was a little skewed because he was a little boy when he got the "really nice coloring book and reindeer ears." 

Besides, Clark, you wouldn't even go sit on Santa's lap this year.  You have no right to complain about Santa's gifts if you won't even let your mama take a picture of you with the man in red.  Sadness.
Faith was fearless and she was the first one to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas and to receive Santa's "worst ever" book.
Cannon hopped right up next.  But unfortunately he was so enamored with the book that Faith got, that when Santa asked him what he wanted to Christmas, Cannon told Santa he wanted that book.  What a wasted opportunity! 
The girls have had great fun giving out little friend and neighbor gifts this year.
Bethany had her Christmas list ready to present to Santa, lest she forget anything.  She made sure I saw the list first.  Smart girl.  I recommend she prioritize the list (for Santa's benefit, of course).
No tears this year!  I really hope Santa comes to the ward party next year.  Going to the mall, even once a year, is too much.
 

2 comments:

jkmilligan said...

I'm not a mall Santa fan either.

Ali said...

I remember going with you guys to the mall a few years back and Elinor was so not a fan of Santa ... is it just me or is she still not totally willing to sit on his lap? ;o)

Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!