Monday, March 14, 2011

Humor Your Mama

Bethany is about to turn 10.  Elinor recently turned 8.  Clark is soon to turn 12.

That's right-- 12.  He will go to Young Men's.  He will go to scout camp (a 50-miler) for a week.  *sniff, sniff* Can someone please hand me a tissue... never mind, I have a used one in my pocket... I'll just use that.

I was having a moment of panic last week about my children growing up so quickly.  Stop the train-- I want to get off!  I wanted more than anything for Clark to build another "Noah's Ark" and put all of his toy animals on it like he used to do when he was three years old.

Mom:  Please, Clark!  I'm dying here!  Humor your poor mama and build an ark like the good old days!

Clark:  No.  I'm working on my D&D adventure and map.
Mom:  Yeah, that's good too, but I really need  you to play with your toy animals  Remember how much fun you used to have? 

Clark:  I'm just really not interested in doing that right now.

Mom:  PLEASE! (in a guttural tone)  I beg of you!  Okay, how about you only have to do half of your reading time tomorrow if you will build me an ark.

Clark:  Okay.
Mom:  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All is right with my universe again.

3 comments:

camfox said...

Oh Betsy, I loved this post. I'm so glad you talked him into building you an ark. (tears in my eyes) Why do our children have to grow up so fast? I love the way you cherish your kiddos.

Baden said...

Oh, that Noah's ark is the cutest thing ever! I hope he will still build one for you when he's 30!

Amy F. said...

I was there when Clark built many an ark. We even have one on home video! Where have the years gone!!? :)