Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve is All Good Things

The Cannon Family Christmas Eve Breakfast is one of my very favorite events of the entire year.  I enjoy my aunts and uncles and cousins so much-- they are happy and loving and accepting of EVERYONE!!  I like to go and just bask in their goodness.
Georgie was basking in the attention from the ladies!
My newest nephew, Eli  (2nd child of Chip and Laura) visiting all the way from Virginia.  Usually baby boys are handsome, but he is BEAUTIFUL!
Allison with my niece, Aliyah (Matt and Misty's 1st child) visiting from the Portland area.  She is ADORABLE and I just want to touch her, but she hasn't warmed up to me yet.
Having all my siblings and my dad over to our house for Christmas Eve.  I don't know when such a thing will happen again, as we are spread all over the country, but it was WONDERFUL!
They are all three beautiful and they all have blue eyes, so Abe called them the "Copy Cousins".  They were tickled and they were inseparable.  Faith is the oldest (by 15 and 18 months), but she is the shortest.  Abe and I are shorter than their parents, so I guess it makes sense, but it seems strange.
Good eats at the grown up table.  We obviously ate our fill.
The little ladies' table. They didn't eat nearly so much.
The little lads.  They ate almost nothing.
The Nativity program.  The Angel Gabriel appearing to a sleeping Joseph in a dream.
The wise men stole the show when they were searching for the baby Jesus.
Grandma and Grandpa Cannon gave the younger kids cozy new pj's for Christmas. 
To Clark, Bethany, and Elinor, they gave mp3 players.  Which is very cool, but the amazingly cool thing is that Grandpa had already downloaded a pretty impressive thing onto each of them.  He has spent over 500 hours recording himself reading aloud the Book of Mormon.  I love to have the kids listen to the Book of Mormon, but it's made even better in Grandpa's voice.  What a gift he has given us all.  Thank you, Dad!
The kids could hardly believe it. 
Happy to Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

3 comments:

Amy F. said...

Wow. What a wonderful Christmas with all of your family!! The matching cousin jammies are adorable, and your Dad's gift will be a treasure!! What a blessing. Have a Happy New Year!!

christini yogini said...

Wow!!! Wonderful, beautiful, happy, merry, joy!!! Love keeping up with all your adventures on your blog. Hugs!

Gabrielle Kim said...

That gift from your dad is the most thoughtful and precious gift I've ever heard of! That is so wonderful and I am sure that your kids will cherish it for many years to come!