- It's been a little while.
- George will be four years old.
- Clark will be 15 years old.
- I will be 37 years old.
- We are all very happy and feel very blessed.
- We do know what causes this.
- It was not an accident.
- I have felt pretty crummy.
- I am going on 14 weeks.
- We will try to find out if it's a boy or girl-- I'm not much for surprises.
- We did get a big huge van to haul all our people around in.
- We don't know if this is the last.
This development came about in the middle of December. After a couple of miscarriages over the past year I was thrilled to be expecting again. I knew it would be tough with a large family to care for and a lot of responsibilities, but I thought I could handle it.
Exactly one week after I learned the good news, the Bishop (leader of our church congregation) called Abe and I into his office to ask me to serve in a new calling-- the Relief Society President.
Oh, good heavens! How is this to be done? As you might imagine, my head has been spinning for the last two months as I've tried wrap my mind around my new calling. Coming off of Christmas break and then our trip to Hawaii, I've felt like I have twice as much to do with half has much energy to do it with. All I can say at this point is that the Lord works in mysterious ways. As my wise Aunt Carolyn said to me, "Your family must need a lot of blessings!" So true.
So that's what I've been up to. Not only have I not had much time or energy for blog writing, but until I felt it was time to announce things, I didn't want to write when I couldn't be raw and real! So here I am, being raw and real and sick and gaining weight by the day, but grateful for the chance to be expecting another little spirit into our family.