Saturday, April 19, 2014

We're Off!-Day One

And we're off!  Our final destination is St. Louis for Clark's robotics competition, but we've got a couple of stops along the way.  First up was Wichita, Kansas.  I know for security reasons it is not considered wise to announce publicly to the world that you're out of town.  But since we don't really own much of monetary value and we have our electronic devices with us, I don't feel we are a strong risk for home robbery.  Nonetheless, if you see anything suspicious at our house, please investigate.  I can't wait until I get home to blog or I'll be overwhelmed.
We took a similar picture of the gang on our St. Louis trip three years ago.  Clark was not as willing to pose for pictures at the age of 14 as he was at 11.
The gang was very comfortably situated in the mega-van.
Lots of wind in Kansas. 
For 16 1/2 hours in the van, the kids were remarkably well-behaved and pleasant.  Everyone was great, but Faith and Cannon in the far back seat were especially easy-going.  I kind of missed them all the way back there.
Even with room to spread out, everyone gathered close to watch The Muppet Movie.
Abe drove the whole way.  All 1000 plus miles.  I would like it to be known that I am willing to drive, but he loves driving on long road trips and doesn't want to share driving responsibilities.  I'm fine with it, because although I am willing, I do not particularly enjoy driving on long road trips.  Also, do you see that silver open container in his hand? (Ooh, that doesn't sound good)--It's Diet Pepsi.  He can drive a long way on a steady supply of Diet Pepsi

We pulled into Wichita about 10:30 pm Central time, got comfortably settled at Russell and Melissa's home (Abe's brother) and conked out.  

When we did this trip three years ago I was a diligent blogger each day.  I don't know that I'll do that this go round, but we'll see.

No comments: