Friday, April 1, 2016

Easter Sunday 2016

An Easter egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa's house on Easter Sunday.
What fun!  How refreshingly non-robot related!
Some people just can't get into a competitive spirit. 
Thank goodness Cannon is not one of them!
Elinor was so good to help Peter collect eggs. 
I was so good as to help eat Peter's collection of treats.
 Shake, shake, shake...What's in the egg?
Chip and Laura organized the family meal and the Easter egg hunt.  They went all out, and there were plenty of eggs to keep everyone happy.  An Easter egg hunt with no tears?  I did not know such a thing was possible? 
My sister Brig and her husband Dev.  May I commend all of my siblings for not getting unnecessarily involved in the Egg hunt.  Let the children be!
We consider these Faith's flowers in our front yard.  Planted by some former owners at some point, they continue to bloom every spring.  Simple joys.
This picture was not taken on Easter, rather the Friday evening before, while I was in Colorado with Clark.  Abe attended her Spring concert and said it was beautiful.  I was sad to miss it, but I did get to hear Bethany play a beautiful rendition of "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" in church on Sunday.  I loved it.  Honestly, I loved that I didn't have a whole lot (really anything) to do with it's coming together.  She worked with our ward music director who accompanied her. 
Faith recited a scripture just before the Primary sang a song, and then Abe and I were the narrators for the program.  We didn't plan it or request it, but our family was quite involved with Sacrament meeting.  And although I was very tired (having arrived home about 1:00 AM), we enjoyed having the opportunity to participate.  Easter Sunday soothes my soul.

No comments: