Tuesday, February 28, 2017

St. George Mom's Retreat

Little Beanie and I took off last weekend for a Fox Sister-in-law retreat in St. George.  She did pretty well in the car, and was relatively happy, even if she didn't nap as much as I would have liked.
I drove there and back with my sister-in-law, Lori, who is seriously one of, if not the, funniest people I know.  She constantly cracked me up.
It was my idea to do duck lips...
...it was not my idea to do double chins, but I'm just going to say it... I ROCKED the double chin!  Nice try, though, ladies.  Thanks for playing.
So let me tell you what we did on our girls' retreat.
We ate out.  A LOT.  We had breakfast at the condo and we ate out for every single other meal.  How glorious.  This means I DID NOT COOK!  For anyone!  Can I get a hallelujah!  I was rather mocked for my lack of adventurous food spirit, but no matter.  We can't all be foodies.  And why would we want to be anyway?  But I digress.
We had hoped for slightly warmer temperatures, but Greta didn't seem to mind.  I assure you she was happier than she looks here..
 The most raucous part of the trip was staying up way too late working on the fox puzzle together.  
Once we had it put together we turned off the lights to see the glow in the dark hidden figures.
That's when one of the smartest among us was stunned to learn that jackalopes are mythical creatures, and not just extinct.  What a disappointment.  
It really was quite lovely to have some time away to just talk and be silly and eat out.  Did I mention that I didn't cook for anyone and we ate out a lot?  

No comments: