Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Bob Ross and the Foxes

I know it's just another variation of the same picture, but I can't help myself.  Greta literally clings to Clark when he is near.  She hugs him and snuggles her face into his shoulder.  She was sad when he had to leave for work this morning.
She so markedly prefers him to everyone else.  I mean, he's great... but why does she love him so?  He's not actually around that often.  They are so cute to watch together.
I took Peter and Greta down to Thanksgiving Point to pick Cannon up from Ballet. While we waited I took Peter for a pony ride. It was 100 degrees outside.   And today was the first day of potty training.  So, yeah... I'm as crazy as they come.
But look at his little face.  He was happy.  Not much I won't do to make Peter happy.
Then he observed ants in his underwear this evening.  Good times.
This is just as he found two dead little millipedes.  He said, "Dang it! Dead!"
A family popsicle party in the parents room while watching Bob Ross' Joy of Painting.  It's summer.  Some families like to camp.  Some families like to go boating.  We like to eat popsicles and watch Bob Ross.
WHAT OF IT?
Sadly, none of us paint.  At all.  But I think Abe harbors secret dreams.  I recently heard of someone hosting a Bob Ross painting party.  I may have to follow suit for Abe's next birthday.
We also do family gymnastics.  Abe fancies himself quite the acrobat and demonstrated one of his feats for Cannon.  Truthfully, for someone of his age and physical condition, he is remarkably flexible.
The view from the back.  I just begged him to please not injure himself.

This is shocking to me!  How can this be?  Elinor has now far surpassed me in height.  We figure she is now about 5'11".  I think it's so awesome I can hardly stand it!  She is still doing a local swim team, but next year she plans to swim with the high school swim team.  Gotta put all that height to good use!
What would you think if you came upon this scene on your kitchen table?
To me it just meant that George had been there.  Although, I do admit these creations stumped me.  What had he been trying to create?  The ones without the plastic sliverware resembled jet packs he'd made in the past.  But no, I was later informed they were all boats.
Clearly.
I must take a moment to celebrate that Faith is consistently landing her standing back tuck in her tumbling class!  She really has worked tirelessly to build up the strength to land this difficult trick.  She even landed it out in the backyard today to show her dad what she could do.

And while I'm gushing over my children... Bethany is a little workhorse this week.  She's not big into having her picture taken these days.
Here's one of her from Memorial Day.  Anyway, she is working super full-time at three different jobs this week.  She is teaching a couple of beginning violin students.  She is still at Papa Murphy's almost every afternoon/evening.  And she is taking a swim instructor course from 9-2 six days this week.  Eventually, she will quit Papa Murphy's and just teach violin and swim lessons.  I am so proud of her and yet I feel kind of sorry for her too.  She's already pretty exhausted.  There are lots of things I admire and appreciate about both Clark and Bethany, but one of them is they are hard workers and responsible.
And yet they know how to have fun as well.  Last week we hosted a "graduation" party for Clark.  He just wanted to have a bunch of friends over for games and karaoke.
Girl cousins singing a little Justin Beiber.
We borrowed my sister's karaoke machine and we learned that Foxes like microphones and exhibition.  Is anyone surprised?
...Set down the microphone and walk away...
I don't know that I relate particularly well with teenagers... I fear I'm rather an old fogey in a young(ish) body, but I sure do enjoy them and their energy and senses of humor.  I appreciate that the teenagers' friends are always good to have the younger kids hanging out and participating.

No comments: