Saturday, March 17, 2018

Life Happens Fast

I blinked and two weeks have passed.  It is truly frightening how quickly time seems to be passing these days. Partly because I am pretty sure I'm missing many things I should  could be doing.  Nevertheless, life is so much better and exciting and fun and exhausting than I ever imagined it could be.  Tonight's blogging festivities will be my attempt to capture the memories that make it so. 
 Someone mentioned to Abe that with his beard he looked a little like Commander William Ryker from Star Trek.  I had recently mentioned that maybe the reason he liked Billy Joel so much was because he had pokey-out eyes kind of like Billy Joel.  These two "compliments" combined to inspire this lovely montage. 
 I can see it.  
Basically, to be compared to a fictional character from his favorite show and his favorite musical artist made his whole month.
Oh, OUCH!  Abe was playing catch with Faith last weekend and it hit her face.  So sad.  So painful.
A pretty good shiner.  I like to call her my "Little Black-Eyed Pea".  
And just in time for St. Patty's Day, we're going to see all the colors of the rainbow.
I came home from running errands the other day to find someone (Elinor) had created Senor Railroad Conductor.  I thought it was hilarious.  I was somewhat irritated they had used my good eyeliner, but such was the price of humor.  
And then this one woke up from her nap and I was in hysterics.
She's been compared to a little Italian dictator.  I can see it.  
Now there is a final chapter to this little story.  A couple days later Elinor fell asleep on the couch and Cannon saw his opportunity.  He took a marker and drew an "L" on her forehead, a mustache and a little soul patch.  
Sadly, his artwork was not well-received and there was threatened and attempted violence in retaliation.  Cannon is nine and while I find him charming and adorable, some might say he is at an "annoying, pesky little brother" stage of life.  I told him he probably ought to sleep with one eye open for a while and if he didn't cool his jets I couldn't offer him protection from older siblings.  He apologized, but some were left in doubt as to his sincerity. 
 A a recent trip to the D.I. (local thrift store) Bethany took up one of her favorite childhood past times--  scouring the stuffed animal section for Webkinz.  The pickings were good, but she was able to resist the temptation to buy.  

No comments: