Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hair and Space Camp

Add ImageWe were up north today taking Bethany and Elinor to a day at Space Camp. In the meantime we headed over to visit Grandma and Grandpa and begged for free haircuts.

Grandpa has many years experience under his belt of cutting hair. He said he practiced a lot on my brothers before they were old enough to care. Smart.







Clark wanted a buzz/Army cut and we think Grandpa did a mighty fine job. I told Clark he should have cut it short during the summer and grown it long during the winter. I think he's so handsome!











But this was the REAL accomplishment of the day. Grandpa's next task was Cannon's head of hair.














Cannon did pretty good. He had a hairy lolly pop by the end, but he thought the "tickly" clippers were funny.













By the end he had had enough!

He might not look too happy here, but compared to the pictures of Clark's first haircut, Cannon is downright giddy. I'm still traumatized by Clark's first haircut (which Grandpa did as well). I think there was a baby headlock involved. We've both learned a few tricks since then.







All was forgiven and they were friends at the end. He looks so grown up! (Cannon, that is. Grandpa looks very grown up too!)














And the girls loved Space Camp. On a scale of 1 to 10 the girls started out ranking it a 12, but made it all the way up to 1,000! That's good.
Clark went to a Space Camp yesterday and was thrilled to get to be the Captain of his mission.

4 comments:

Ali said...

What handsome boys you have! :o)

Abe Fox said...

Clark could rightly say to himself the immortal/infamous words once spoken by one of his uncles........ "DANG, I'm Good Lookin'!"

Kathleen Jolley Fox said...

I was there! The exact words are burned in my memory forever "Dang, I'm Handsome!" James Daniel Fox was looking at himself in a mirror (Grandma Edra had given us) that hung over the piano at the time of the famous outburst. Daniel had just finished playing and singing a easy piano version of "Unchained Melody" with much feeling and well done; looked up saw himself and said the immortal words!

Abe Fox said...

Thank you, Mom, for correcting me...."Dang, I'm Handsome" are the very words.

I have relived so many wonderful Fox family stories in my mind, that now.....I have no idea if I was REALLY there or not.....but I can see it all perfectly in my mind just as if I were.

This was just one of those moments in time that you just had to be there for.......(even if you actually weren't....or was I there....hmmmmm).