Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It Left as Quickly as it Came

Sunday morning Cannon woke up throwing up and continued for most of the day. No problem. I can handle one sick baby. He was better by bedtime.

Monday morning I woke up sick and then about every hour another of us succumbed to the vicious stomach bug. By six o'clock pm every family member (minus Cannon) was laid out on our bed and floor, completely incapacitated.

Once I watched a Little House of the Prairie mini-series by Disney. In one episode the whole family gets sick with scarlet fever (?) or some other life threatening illness. They are all laying around looking out of dizzy, unfocused eyes. No one is able to get up and help anybody else.

That was us! I was so grateful Cannon napped well because I could not take care of him. Fortunately Clark was one of the last to succumb so he helped a lot earlier in the day. Abe had to miss his class because he caught it.

Now here is the miracle. Today we are all perfectly well. No upset tummies. No throw up. Normal activities. And A LOT of laundry! Every single bit of linen that has seen the light of day during the illness is getting washed.

As quickly as it came, it left. That is my kind of sickness for a family of seven. Imagine if that nasty bug had lingered! I'll take one horrific day and get it over with.

1 comment:

Abe Fox said...

I timed it quite well.....I didn't even have to take a sick day.

I barely made it home Monday after work....was terribly ill the rest of the evening, but by morning I was headed back to work.

Betsy, your title is 100% correct.