Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday

My girls woke up sick this morning. Faith, at least, was legitimate. She had an evident upset tummy (no more details are necessary). Bethany and Elinor immediately claimed sore throats, and who am I to argue -- I'm only their mother. Since Abe or I was definitely staying home with at least Faith, we gave the other girls the benefit of the doubt and they stayed home too. Cannon stayed home because we are afraid of him at church and it was nap-time anyway. So Abe stayed home because I was doing Sharing Time.

Clark and I went to church alone. We sat on a small bench. It was marvelous. Testimony meeting was beautiful. Is it always that good and I'm just too distracted to notice? I was uplifted. I'm ready for another week.

I did not like Sunday when I was a child. It was so boring. We couldn't do anything. It was always sunny on Sunday, but we could never go out and play. This is all from my young perspective, of course. Oh, how I LOVE Sundays now. They are by far my favorite day of the week. Yes, church can be challenging with Cannon, and their are responsibilities at church to take care of, but those few hours at home in the evening with all my people around are THE BEST. Time to prepare yummy food, sharing an evening with good friends or family, reading together, talking, games. There is no pressure to go out and do anything. No need to spend money on Sunday.

Sunday is the day I do not worry about the stresses of life and have a day of peace. Tonight I feel grateful for the Sabbath Day.

No comments: