Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Piggy Back

Cannon gets a piggy back ride from Grandpa Cannon. I don't know who is having a better time!

This reminds me of a childhood memory. When I was about 10 years old--too big for a piggy back ride-- I wanted a piggy back ride from my dad. He agreed on the condition that I promise to care for him when he was 70 and an old man.

I promised and he gave me a ride. But I wanted a longer ride so I promised I'd take care of him when he was 65. He kept carrying me. I wanted more so I promised I care for him at 60. This kept going until I had sworn an oath to care for him when he was 45 years old.
I'm glad he hasn't taken me up on it yet. Just like I'm glad he hasn't made good on the bet I made when I was 11 that "I would NEVER wear bell bottoms and if I did I would buy him a steak dinner". But do flares really count as bell bottoms? I hope not.

No comments: