Tuesday, December 15, 2009

We Have Arrived

Abe and I went to my cousin, Kajsa's wedding today. It was wonderful and they are a beautiful, well-matched couple.

We had a neighbor come over to tend our people because we were a little ways away and were not reachable by cell phone.
We came home to reports of wildness, wrestling, screaming, throwing of objects. I do not hold the tender responsible. I know whom to blame and their last name is Fox.
Clark says to me, "Mom, we do better without a babysitter. We get too crazy when we have a sitter".

We had the wedding luncheon in the afternoon and left the kiddos home alone for that. Sure enough, we came home to a clean house, quiet music, children playing peacefully. So, we have arrived!!!!! We don't have to pay for babysitters anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granted, Cannon was asleep the whole time, which simplified things greatly, but still. It worked. I suppose there will still be occasions when a sitter is necessary, but this is a good start.
The girls had made themselves into triplets. Well, triplets in that they all had headbands, t-shirts, jeans, and lipgloss. That's all it takes, really, to be triplets. I bet you didn't realize how simple it was.

No comments: