Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Whoa. . . bummer

I went grocery shopping tonight to the local Walmart. Like most people who shop at Walmart, it is a love/hate relationship. I love the low prices, but rather hate everything else. Nonetheless, I went and did my price-matching and got my vittals to feed my ever growing family. I loaded up the groceries in the car and...(in the words of Swiper the Fox)... "Oh, Man!" the car wouldn't start. Dead battery. I think I left a light on. I call my hubby to come help me. I know I could have tried to ask a neighboring car to help, but we live pretty close and I prefer my man, as to someone else's man, to help me in my hour of need.

Now, this was sort of a bummer, but nothing compared to what came next. He comes and we attempt to hook up our cables and SPARK! SPARK! SAPRK!. Hmm, not good. We have both jumped cars before. This is something we are very capable of. What went wrong? What did we do differently? I don't know. We tried rearranging the cables, but still lots of sparks even when the good car wasn't turned on.
Well, that is just great. Fortunately, Wednesday is very much a home day for us, so we left the van at the Walmart and we'll research online and try again tomorrow. But, if anyone reading this has a particularly car savvy hubby that can advise us, we would most definitely appreciate it. It's not really Abe's strong suit. Ask him to tell you the "Lugnut Story" someday. He probably won't tell you, but you can ask.

Speaking of Abe, tomorrow is his 35th birthday. He says he's so happy to be turning 35-- "and I thought 30 was good", he said. It's just not something you'd hear a woman say.
Happy Birthday, Abe. As Clark said today, "He is a really great dad". Amen to that.

6 comments:

Ali said...

Sorry to hear about the car problems! No fun at all!

And Happy Birthday Abe! Hope you have a wonderful day today! I agree with the fam ... you are a pretty great guy! Thanks for sharing yourself with us!

Abe Fox said...

It was dark.....and I am now thinking that I got the positive and negative mixed up on one of the batteries.

Can't wait to try again this afternoon.....CAR STUFF - I just LOOOVVVVVE Car Stuff!!

I'm just a Huge Car-Nut.....I'm betting you didn't know that about me.

Betsy Fox said...

We have been saved!!!!
Thank you to Lane Wright for helping us out today. My van is nice and cozy in my garage again thanks to him.

Betsy Fox said...

Oh, and Abe, you'll be happy to know it was a little more complicated than mixing up the cables.

Abe Fox said...

Lane you ROCK!!!! Now, I can really enjoy my birthday...instead of wondering how much it might cost me to get our van functioning!!

THANK YOU!!

Baden Fox said...

Happy happy birthday Abe! We love you guys!
Love,
Baden & Mary