Sunday, January 3, 2010

Final Thoughts on the Holiday Season

We went to see the lights at Temple Square after Christmas. A good decision, because there are NO crowds. I would like to point out my children all have adorable hats and gloves that match, thanks to Aunt Mary and Uncle Baden. They gave to us in the Fox family gift exchange and she read my earlier complaints about my poor children's lack of appropriate cold weather outerwear. She picked out really cute stuff for each of them. Thanks, Mary!




These are the Christmas dresses Barbara made for the girls. She made matching dresses for each of their dolls as well. She's amazing and she spoils us-- but we love it!
Thanks, Barbara












Faith started Sunbeams today. She was so angelic sitting on her little chair, listening intently, but not willing to go up front for anything.
I made us reminisce today about each child's Sunbeam experience.
Clark didn't really care for primary and went through a rather lengthy "I hate church phase" when he started.
Bethany was VERY enthusiastic and she sat there bright eyed, anxious to be called on and eager to sing.
Elinor was REALLY not happy about leaving nursery and so she kept escaping out of the primary room and running back down the hall to nursery. She was kind of a naughty little Sunbeam. Cute, but naughty.
We switched from 11:00 start time for church to 9:00. I prefer 11:00, but there are worse times, so I'll take it and I won't complain.
We hoped the new time would help Cannon to be calmer during Sacrament Meeting. Um. . . no. It was the same at best, but perhaps worse than before.
His disruptions included, but were not limited to loud pirate laughs, even louder dinosaur roars, making cars go vroom, squeals of delight (when he saw his favorite deacon passing the sacrament), high pitched screams of displeasure when denied anything. He was in a constant state of motion. Consequently he spends A LOT of time roaming the halls.
This picture was taken at Temple Square where he ran almost the way. And he is QUICK, so not only did he not slow us down, but we were sending children to chase after him to keep track of him.
Lots of Rock Band to ring in the new year. Now, for anyone who cares, which I know is pretty much NO ONE, I am up to the "hard" level on the guitar. I know, who knew I had a such gift?
Fortunately, for the sake of peace in the family, Bethany has taken to singing, Elinor rocks out on the guitar (like mother like daughter) and that leaves Clark happily on the drums.
The great thing is now we have guilt free Rock Band. We got the Beatles Rock Band for Christmas. The original ones are fun, but they do leave me feeling a little guilty-- not exactly the cleanest lyrics and the most uplifting music. But the Beatles? Come on-- you can play that forever, with your kiddos and it's great. I hear Lego Rock Band has some great songs on it too. Maybe next year.
Well, that is it for the the holiday season. Tomorrow we are back to regular life. As Martha would say, "This is a good thing".

2 comments:

MaryRuth said...

I'm VERY impressed that you're on the hard level! I'm stuck between easy-medium.

And we got Beatles rock band for Christmas too... I'm so happy! I feel like I'm finally in my element! I know the songs and like the songs!

Loved your update!

Kristy said...

I'm glad you're back to normal life, which is most DEFINATELY a good thing...:)