Thursday, September 9, 2010

Too Tired for a Title

Clark is 11 and plays the piano. He practices for 45 minutes a day and has quite a strict, demanding teacher. Consequently, he often questions my judgment in requiring music lessons. My response? "It will make you happy". I secretly believe that if you could take away the required practice time, it already makes him happy to play the piano. That being said, I saw his group lesson folder (the kids could decorate their own) the other day and couldn't resist commenting on it. I hope this is normal for an 11 year old boy.Here are some close ups. Don't be frightened.
"Death-- it can really happen". It really could happen by getting struck by lightning or hanging.
I'm not sure what all these pictures are, but death is dangerous and it really can happen. We should all be aware of the dangers. During one of our kids' clubs we did a little while back, the kids made short movies and all the boys' movies ended in death scenes. I wonder when that phase ends?Have you ever seen Abe do the "helicopter"? He's spinning these kids super fast. It looks dangerous and it probably is, but no one has ever been injured during helicopter. It is quite a sight to see.

2 comments:

Mothership said...

Ooooooh, my gosh! Betsy, that is exactly how my son draws! He doesn't have a piano notebook to decorate, but the church program often has those same figures. (:

Katie Fox said...

I don't have an 11 year old but all my other drawing boys do the same thing. I politely asked parker if during church he could only draw happy pictures, he was drawing an alien invasion where the aliens were torturing the humans. If you find out when it ends let me know :)