Sunday, September 19, 2010

Style is so Subjective

This masterpiece of an outfit was Faith's doing.  The pink underwear was meant to be Superman's red underoos.  This is a child who knows what he likes.  He wore this get-up all day yesterday. 
Here is another little fashionista.  Did you know, that just like Fancy Nancy, sparkly dance clothes DO help me do math better!  I loved this image, but I loved this even more.

On closer inspection, she's got lip gloss tucked in her "holster" just in case.  You know you've got to look good when you do your math.  Homeschool is no excuse to let yourself go.
Faith is doing her handwriting book (Handwriting Without Tears, if you're interested).  Fortunately she is persistent in asking me to do her "school" with her.  She's learned that if she just keeps asking in a nice voice (this is key) enough times, I will find a moment to help her.  That sounds horrible doesn't it?  That I make my four year old beg to do her school work.  It's not that I don't want to help her.  I do!  She's the most agreeable to work with!  I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease and she doesn't squeak loud enough.  Not that we need any louder squeaking in this house than we already have. 
Anyway, I just want to eat this little girl up!  She is such a sweetie and has always been a HUGE blessing in our family.
Friday night Abe and Clark went on a Scout camp out and the kids had some friends over for a late-night.  Pizza, movie, Wii and this.  Wild and crazy antics on the trampoline.  I think they were playing Kung Fu Panda or something. 
These are a few of Bethany's close friends.  I've said it before, but I do think it is very important for kids to have friends and we feel so happy that we live in an area with wonderful families for our children and us to be friends with.  These particular girls are beautiful and kind and creative and a great influence on Bethany.
And I got to have a friend over to play as well.  Allison came down to keep me company and we had a fun time chatting.  George is a dream baby these days.  I can appreciate what that means, because I've been to the other side and it aint' pretty.  All babies are wonderful, but some are A LOT easier than others.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Such a fun night! Thank you for letting me come share it with you! And thanks for the pizza ... YUMMY!