Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Is it Tuesday Already?

I got very sick during the wee hours of Monday morning.  Really sick.  Yucky sick.  Ugly sick. You don't need to know any more details than that.  I will say that I had no idea it was coming, so I really hope that my dear sister-in-law who was here visiting and is 8 months pregnant doesn't see the likes of it at her house now.  I'm so sorry if she does.
By 6:00 AM I knew Monday was shot to heck.  I was completely incapacitated.  I laid in my bed ALL DAY.  Fortunately, Abe offered to stay home for the morning.  I didn't even see Elinor until about 4 PM.  If I needed something I would knock on my wall and hope that one of the children would have pity on me and come to my aid.  I do believe that today is Tuesday, but Monday past in such a fog that I'm not sure it actually happened.  However, Clark and Bethany did record the day in their journals yesterday.  Both of them wrote, "Mom is really sick today.  She isn't doing anything."

Really???  That is all you think of the situation?  How about, "Mom is really sick today.  I feel so bad for her.  I never realized how much she does for us".

Or maybe, "Home just doesn't feel like home with mom not down here with us."

How about, "I feel so sorry for Mom.  I really hope she gets better soon."

Nope.  Not even close.  Bethany did celebrate that Dad got to stay home and how awesome that was and how much she loved him staying home. 

I feel so loved.  Oh well, I'm just glad to be feeling better today.

As I have been resting more than usual the last couple of days, I did get to finish reading Mockingjay.  I understand there have been differing opinions on this last book of the Hunger Games series.  I did think it was a little slow to get going, but I liked the ending.  Next up, The Dark is Rising. 

1 comment:

Amy F. said...

I am happy to report that we have had no sickness here. I'm so sorry you had such a crummy day!!! We hope you're feeling lots better now!!