Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Have a Secret Friend

As many you know, I do not like the month of February.  That is quite the blanket statement, and I suppose it isn't entirely true.  My Elinor was born in February and my sister's birthday is in February.  I like both of those events.  But on the whole, if I could choose to be put into a medically induced coma for the month of February, I'd probably agree to it. 
Okay, okay, that is still an overstatement, but it is the month my mom passed away and the month of Tessa's still birth.  So, it's not actually that far off. 

Someone out there knows how I feel about February and has sent me TWO very anonymous packages in the mail.  Today it was a package of Rocky Mountain Chocolate and a gift card for MORE Rocky Mountain Chocolate.  OH, YUM! 

I was thinking about cutting back on my chocolate intake, but I've reconsidered, at least until this box of chocolates is gone:)

Who is this mystery friend?  I don't know.  But this person probably knows how secrets drive me cuckoo-- and they are probably getting quite a kick out of my confusion.  That's okay-- enjoy it!  I'm certainly enjoying my chocolate. 

Thank you, secret friend!

Here is another reason to cheer up this February.  Abe is taking me to a Regency Romance Ball for Valentines.  Oooh, how romantic!  We have our costumes ready and everything.  We have some super amazing friends and she is a costume designer for period films.  She fixed us up!  Abe will definitely be in the running for the "Mr. Darcy look-a-like Contest" (if there is such a thing). 

I will more closely resemble Elizabeth Bennett in mourning.   My dress is black (not so romantic), but very authentic.  I do have a fetching hat to wear.  I was practically giddy trying on my outfit.  "This is my dream come true to dress this way!"  Many pictures will be coming.

I am very much looking forward to it.  But I am very much stressing over one aspect of it.
George. 

George LOVES his mommy.  He has started eating some baby food (sort of), but he still nurses A LOT!  No bottles for this chubby-tubby.  I have a very good friend, who is gentle and kind, and very patient, who is going to tend Georgie.  He might be very sad.  I know he won't die.  He won't starve.  But I don't like sad babies. 

Oh, and my friend might not want to be my friend anymore by evening's end either. 

But I cannot help myself.  This is as close as I'll get to living in one of Jane Austen's novels and it is Valentine's and Abe and I do need a date.  So I'll just have to try not to think of Georgie for about 4 hours.  Seems simple enough. 
Or not.

No comments: