Friday, February 4, 2011

Multiple Personalities

I remember when I was a kid and I first heard about people with split personalities.  Nowadays it is called "multiple personalities".  This was so intriguing to me.  I am fairly certain I do not actually have this mental illness,  but I had a fun time pretending with my girls this week.

I'll explain, but even as I think about writing this, it is probably coming off as sick and wrong.
Anyway.

Every couple of minutes I would "feel a change coming on" and I'd turn into someone else.  The girls got quite a kick out of it.  I'm a southern belle... no wait....now I'm gangsta mamma... no wait... now I'm dumb hick from the sticks... now I'm a baby... now I'm a valley girl... now I'm a loving grandmother... now I'm a dumb/mute...

And at every moment I was completely stereotypically, politically incorrect.  It got a little out of hand.  But the girls were egging me on...as if that makes it okay.

Hey, I wasn't the only one around here with multiple personalities.  Perhaps I inspired them (not in a good way), but I've had several different girls living at my house this week.
There were the Indian princesses.  Their ears aren't really pierced (not till they're 12), but they are improvising with binder rings.
This was their princess camp in the wilderness.  They are religious Indian Princesses as they read their holy writ.
Now they are pioneer girls making homemade apple sauce and grape juice.
Now they are evil sorceresses.  Well, I guess they are religious evil sorceresses.
Now they are orphans at their boarding school, complete with library, sleeping quarters, and cafeteria.  I am, of course, the headmistress.  Sometimes I have to be harsh.
Pioneer pinafores make ideal school uniforms.
This school requires its students to get adequate rest.
GADZOOKS!  I love these girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure I was never even half as clever as they are!  This must be from Abe's side of the family.

With so much playing you may be asking, "Don't they do home school?  Aren't they suppose to be doing school work?"

Why yes, we are suppose to be doing school work.  How good of you to ask!  Here is the answer:  It is taking ALL STINKING DAY to get our school work/ practicing done, because they just want to play.  I am a broken record, "Bethany, go do your math.  Elinor, let's do your reading.  Bethany, go do your practicing.  Elinor, go do your spelling.  So help me, girls!"  You get the idea. 

I say, "Girls, why don't you hurry and get your work done so you can have friends over to play?"
"Mom, we can't have any more people in this game," they respond.

As their mom, I rejoice in their creativity and friendship. I couldn't be happier.

As their headmistress, THIS IS KILLING ME!!  Get your work done!!!!!

1 comment:

Mothership said...

*smile*

I love imagination . . . how good of you to condescend (in my most regal English accent). (: