Sunday, April 24, 2011

GPA Day 3-- Feeling At Home in Wichita

Easter Sunday in Wichita has been a smashing success.  Before church we shared in The Other Fox Family's traditional Easter lesson by opening gold plastic eggs with tokens and scriptures representing Christ's death and resurrection.  Church was very nice--pretty much just like church back home!  The Church is consistent that way.
Russell and Melissa prepared a scrumdidiliumptious (I made up the spelling myself) ham and potato dinner for us all.  The rest of the afternoon was a litter more my speed than the day before.  Yesterday we went out and about.   Today we stayed home and visited while the kiddos played. Granted it was Sunday, but even so, I'm just not as adventuresome as I once was.  I blame Cannon.  He is almost 3, and he got loose on the campus of Friends University yesterday.  It was a trick keeping track of him.  I thought to myself, "Why is he doing this?  He's not one to run off like this!"

Then I realized I almost never let him loose in public places so I wouldn't know if he would run off or not.  Now I see that he is not yet ready for that step yet.  The constraining devices will remain in use until he can prove they are no longer needed.  We'll try again when he's four.
George and his Godfather.
Okay, Russell isn't really George's Godfather-- we don't really do that.  But George's middle name is Russell and if Russell had had a son he might have been a George Russell-- so that's close enough.
Megan, how would you feel about taking a couple weeks off school and coming with us to be George's nanny for the rest of the trip?
These girl cousins have been very helpful with Georgie.
Cannon got quite a kick out of pillow jumping off the couch until Uncle Russell's feet attacked him and he screamed, "Get off me, Stinky Feet!"  Cannon has been in fine form this weekend.
Funny.  He was kung-fu Wonder Woman.
Elinor and Allison were reporters and Faith and Kristen were their sidekicks.  These little darlings found ample means for entertainment and none of it involved watching a movie.  I like that.
Bethany?  Is that you?  I hardly recognize you-- it's been so long since I've seen you.

She and Caitlyn have been no where to be found with the general company of the house.  They've been in Caitlyn's room playing board games and writing poetry.

Poetry-- by Betsy Fox
They sit in their room
And write poetry.
Quite delightful poetry.
Pages and pages of poetry.
Lots of rhyming poetry.
Much better poetry
Than their mother can write.
Uncle Abe (A.K.A The Pied Piper) entertained the youngest little ladies with lots of stories.

We've had a wonderful visit here in Wichita. The cousins are still giggling in their rooms soaking up the last of this fun cousin time for a while. Many thanks to Russell and Melissa for hosting and feeding our large brood this weekend.

5 comments:

Matt and Misty said...

Sounds like you guys are having a most fabulous time! I love reading about all of your fun adventures. I must say that Abe looks a lot like his brother!The picture where Russell is holding George and looking down is like Abe with gray hair. Amazing!

Matt and Misty said...

Oh! I also must comment on how handsome George is! Those eyes are mesmorizing!

Baden Fox said...

Hooray! It sounds like you are having a great trip! We want to go visit Russell and Melissa someday too. I love every post you put about Cannon- he is just too cute I want to eat him! Good luck with the rest of you trip! Love,
Mary

Ali said...

I adore that picture of Cannon jumping off the couch and I can just hear him reprimanding Russell! LOL! And maybe I am biased but Prince George is just getting more and more handsome every day! Love the daily updates! Good luck as you take off again on your grand adventure today!

Amy F. said...

In case you didn't already know this, George is one of the cutest babies I've seen!! Cannon's hair is such a perfect match to his personality! The pillow shot is classic.