Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Wish I Was A Kid Again

We had a busy house full of playing children this week.  Watching their clever, creative play made me wish I was a kid again.  Although, I'm pretty sure I wasn't anywhere near as clever or creative as they are.  Maybe I just don't remember-- I have a very poor memory of my childhood.
Pioneer mothers having a picnic under the shade of a tree.
They found an abandoned cabin on the prairie and they were able to fix it up to make it suitable.
Such nurturing little women.
These two needed a little less conversation and a lot more action.
They went for a karate themed picnic.
Knock on every piece of wood in my entire house--- but for how much play there is on this trampoline, I can't believe no one has been seriously injured.
These little sweeties had a picnic of their own.

CLARK:  Mom, can we please play on the computer.
MOM:  Do you have your stuff done yet?
CLARK:  No.
MOM: Sorry.
CLARK:  Grrr.
MOM:  You'll have to find something else to do. (10 points for Mom!)
 Oh no!-- What are you boys up to?
Why are you filling up that bucket of water?  It looks messy.
 Is that a huge bag of baking soda and a bottle of vinegar?
Are you making a mud pit down in THE HOLE?
Army men scaling the snow (baking soda) covered peak. 
The homemade smoke bomb goes off in the background.  Very dramatic.
AHHHH!-- The volcanic erruption!!!!!!!!!!  Save yourselves!!!!!

After so much creative juice flowing through the house, I sensed that perhaps we were teetering on the edge of actual destruction of property.  I gave in and let the boys play the new game they are both obsessing over-- RuneScape. 
BOOORING.  I liked your other games better.

3 comments:

Gabrielle Kim said...

Wow you weren't kidding about your busy kid filled week! Should we get a group of moms together and play pioneers and make volcanoes? Why does their play sound like work to me? At what age do we lose it?

Mothership said...

I am with you! What a fantastic time to be alive! (And what a great mother to encourage such play!)

christini yogini said...

Sweet! You are such a fun mom!!!