Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Help--I Need to Get Out More!

Have you seen or read The Help?  I have done both and I thoroughly enjoyed myself at my neighborhood book club this evening.  Our hostess made us these yummy chocolate pies-- Minnie's special recipe!!  Mmmm... so good.

This neighborhood book club has been going on for about a year and a half and it has been great fun.  I find myself anxiously awaiting book club night.  I was especially excited this evening because Abe has been out and about a lot lately with various children and I've been home taking care of the others.  I was in need of an evening out chatting with other women.
I am very glad that Abe has been getting to spend such quality time with the kids.  Abe took Cannon to the Fathers and Sons camp-out.  I would like it stated for the record that although Cannon had great fun, he did miss me and in the evening he asked if he could come home before bed.  Abe is way fun, but I'm glad Cannon loves him mommy.
Fun with cousin Simon.
Is there any sight more lovely, calm, and peaceful than a sleeping child?
No, I don't think so.
Abe took Clark and Elinor down to their favorite reptile hunting grounds.  No souvenirs were brought home (yipee)
Not that we haven't had our own fun at home.  Faith hurt her fingers at gymnastics so Bethany set up a convalescence bed for her.  
Clark has had a fun time introducing Georgie to the frog and the lizard and the snake.  
You can understand why I am happy they didn't bring back any souvenirs from the reptile hunt.
At least I can rest more peacefully in my home.  We're not getting as many interruptions throughout the day since Clark posted this friendly 'no soliciting' sign on our front window.  He has been suggesting to me that I should get a no soliciting sign after a rash of rather aggressive solicitors.  I guess I didn't move fast enough on it, so he took matters into his own hands.  
I am quite grateful.

3 comments:

Amy F. said...

I have a really cute no solicitors sign that says "no soliciting, unless you're a kid". It's cute, and I was fine to get girl scouts, but I get a LOT of 40 year old "kids" still soliciting. Have they no shame??? I need one of Clarks signs, I think I definitely need something a little scarier!!

christini yogini said...

Good for you, sounds like book club FUN!!! Love all the photos, cherub Cannon, Faith's getting-better station, & Clark's sign---love, love, love!

Jill Larsen said...

I love book club too. Especially your delightful comments--please keep them coming. See you next month!