Saturday, November 26, 2011

Here Comes Christmas

Cannon was ecstatic to have the honor of placing the star on the tree.
The kids completely took over the job of decorating the Christmas tree.  Good thing I don't have even a trace of OCD.
Grandma Barbara gives each of the kids their own Christmas ornament each year.  It was so delightful listening to the kids as they pulled out each ornament and squealed and oo-ed and ah-ed remembering each year.   
Here's a memory I will treasure in years to come.  We went to Temple Square this evening and my men joyfully sported their Santa hats.
Bethany and Elinor had arms linked throughout the evening.  They decided on the drive down, "to be really nice to each other tonight".  Ahh, music to my mommy ears. 
Side note:  A No-Friend week will work wonders for sibling relationships.
 We've never gone downtown this early in the season before and although the weather was great, it was very crowded. 

We visited the Church History Museum before seeing the lights.  They have such a great children's exhibit.  The girls enjoyed dressing up.
Cannon and Faith did a little fishing as well.
Now that Thanksgiving is over, and I feel I have thoroughly enjoyed the season, I am ready to enjoy the Christmas season.

3 comments:

Mothership said...

Can I just say that I was waiting for winter family pictures? You've had Spring (Temple Square), Fall (with all the leaves), and several summer ones. THIS RED is Gorgeous! You should wear red every day. Every day, huh Abe!

I gave the tree decorating to the kids a few years ago. I figure there is usually a toddler to dismantle it all anyway so why not?

Abe Fox said...

I absolutely agree. Bets does Red very, VERY well.

Ali said...

The red was gorgeous! Especially with Betsy's beautiful long hair!

Now that we have done Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter ... what is next? LOL!