Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Water Fight

Last Friday and Saturday I went down to the Utah Home Educators' Association  Conference.  It had  been several years since I'd been to a homeschool conference and thought I might enjoy a refresher.  The bad news is that I didn't hear much that inspired me.  The good news is I decided I really like how we do things and don't want to change a whole lot.  I suppose the peace of mind of knowing that we're on the right track was worth the time and money.
And while I was gone, the kids had themselves a grand water fight.  And the young and the old played together.  And that's about as good as it gets.
Elinor, Bethany, and George were a team.
Cannon and Clark were a team.
I love the goggles.  He is one of my absolute favorite people on the planet.
I am feeling particularly tender and grateful for my family and children this evening.  This past week, we had a member of our ward pass away.  He was 27 years old, born with a congenital heart defect, stood 4'2" and was a spiritual giant.  Today was his funeral and I oversaw the family luncheon this afternoon.  In many ways he had a very tough life with many physical limitations, but he had a wonderful family who blessed his life and helped him do so many things he wanted to do.  I was reminded that family is where is it at in this life.  There is nothing so fulfilling, so important, so lasting.  Family is the perfect setting to learn to love those who are different from us (I did hear that at the homeschool conference).  
Peter update:  Peter and I are friends again.  He's been a sweetheart that last couple of weeks.  Aren't all babies sweethearts?  Well, yes, but they are sweeter when they aren't crying quite so much.  The more independent he gets the happier he seems to be.  Much like Elinor as a baby.

No comments: