Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Patriotic Piano Recital 2015

In the six and half years I have been teaching piano lessons, this was my favorite recital to get ready for.  Everyone had a patriotic piece and the music was very familiar and enjoyable.  The kids were welcome to dress in a patriotic fashion or something that went along with their piece.
The number of students was down from years past, which was for the best while I struggled with a high maintenance Peter.  Now that he is contented with life, I am looking forward to starting several new kids this fall.
I was really, really quite pleased with how everyone played.
Everyone, that is, except a couple of my children.  You know how the cobbler's children have no shoes.  Yeah, well, the piano teacher didn't teach her children very well.
Cannon's student choice song was "Freight Train" and he had a complete train wreck.  He did get through it, but it was really rough.  We did record it, but I never want to listen to it again, so we had him redo "The Caisson Song" at the end for a decent recording.  Hopefully, a good lesson learned for both of us.

Faith did a little better.  There were some beautiful moments.  She played "Roman Holiday" and "American Patrol".

 Elinor is not technically one of my students any longer, as she has moved on to a more advanced teacher.  She is thriving with Shari Aston, but she still wanted to play in my recital.  And as I am exceedingly proud of her, I was happy to have her play.  She chose "When Johnny Comes Marching Home".

Clark and Bethany claim that they were put on the program against their wishes.  Bah!  I don't believe it.  They prepared this little ditty for the EFY talent show and I'm sorry (not really), but it needed to be shared elsewhere.  Here they are playing "Demons" by Imagine Dragons.

Aren't they good actors.  Thou almost persuadeth me that you do not want to be here.  Almost.
This picture makes my heart happy.  Abe and Hayden were the bow tie boys.  Abe's was his early Father's Day gift and Hayden rocked the bow tie and hat as he opened the recital with "The Star-Spangled Banner".  I was so proud of him.
Peter likes to hear the kids play and he loves to climb under the bench and play with the pedal when they play.  It is a little distracting.
Grandma brought Faith a little gift-- a doll that had Faith's face.  It really was sweet how the doll resembled Faith.
My sister, Brig has been working on piano with her daughter Takara.  So while, she isn't one of my students, she is my niece, so she gets the benefit of playing in my recital.  She did very well.
One more, just because they are so festive and adorable. 

No comments: