Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Mr. Personality Goes to Camp

Oh, my, my, my!
Cannon is really something these days.  Last week he finished up a two week Youth Theater Camp at the University of Utah.  We've never been involved with this program before, and wasn't sure what to expect at the final day's showcase.  I was not impressed with the theater class Cannon participated in last school year, so I was slightly wary.  However...
I was thoroughly pleased with the experience for Cannon.  The little show they did and the songs and dances were adorable, completely age appropriate and well performed.  I didn't love the distance we traveled to get him there everyday for two weeks, but I think it was worth it.
I don't want to brag or anything... well, yes, I kind of do...  Cannon had the biggest part of his company.
He was a "Pout-Pout Fish" based on a children's book.  We couldn't get enough of him.
And we brought the whole gang to see him.  The only problem was those two little stinkers on the end.  Clark and Bethany had a hard time trying not to make Cannon laugh.  I did, in fact, have to go behind them and threaten their very existence if they didn't knock it off and stop making faces at Cannon.  Hopefully it will all help strengthen Cannon's ability to focus in the face of distractions.
Cannon really keeps us entertained.  There are happy sounds in this world and one of my absolute favorite is Cannon laughing.  He has a wonderful, high, giggly laugh that I think I will miss dreadfully when he's not a little kid anymore.  He easily laughs at himself and he's a joy.
And he struggles to take a normal picture. 
This evening he drew himself some facial hair... with a sharpie marker.
It started with the mustache and goatee, but then came the sideburns. 
He just doesn't stop.
But that wasn't all...
I think the uni-brow went a little too far.
Cannon, you are too much fun!

No comments: