Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Secret Garden Inspires Again

I really love pictures of children flying kites and swinging.  It just seems like childhood at its finest.  A couple of days ago we had our FIRST break in horrid winter weather we've had for weeks and weeks.  We have had a very cold, very snowy, very gray, very bleak winter.  Has it really been that bad?  Or have I just been enduring the first trimester of pregnancy for all of winter?  I don't see that it matters what the reason.  I just haven't been enjoying this winter.  So when we had blue skies and a wee bit 'o sunshine this week, we just HAD to get outside.
Also, we've been reading aloud The Secret Garden for our kids' book club and even though I am not a gardener by any definition, I LOVE THIS BOOK.  I love to read it just before Spring and be inspired to plant a garden that I know I have no intention of actually planting.  I love the idea of children playing out in the healthy fresh air and everything coming alive after winter.  I just find it very healing to my soul.
I do believe there is a very good chance there will be a garden of sorts this summer, as both Clark and Faith seem quite determined.
Look!  This park has been completely covered in snow since before Christmas!  It will be green again some day.
Cannon informed me that after many months, his front tooth is beginning to grow in.  Just thought you'd like to know.
In other UTTER ADORABLENESS--- Clark was asked to his first high school dance-- it's a girls' choice "Sweethearts" dance.  The gal is Jenny, and could she be any cuter?  I think not.  I'm told they had a great time.  Tradition here in Utah is that they do a "day date" and then the dance in the evening.  As several of the group couldn't do a date on Saturday during the day, they did their "day date" Friday afternoon/evening.  Out to dinner and to the Ice Castles in Midway.  Then Saturday night it was just the dance.
I thought perhaps the day date was overkill.  Why not just do dinner and the dance.  Until I remembered that when I was in high school the thing to do was to stay up all night as somebody's house after the dance.  Umm... as a parent, I'll take the day date, thank you very much.
One more of children playing outside.  Supposedly, the ground hog  DID NOT see his shadow this year, which means spring will be here sooner rather than later.
I hope that is true.
Except for spring allergies.  I don't really want those to come. 

No comments: