Friday, January 1, 2021

Over Christmas Break

I did my favorite thing to do in between Christmas and New Years--- I completed a jig saw puzzle.  I really enjoy doing puzzles.  I don't think I'm particularly good or quick at doing them, but I thoroughly enjoy "puzzling".  My family likes it when I puzzle, because I ignore them and let them do and watch and eat pretty much whatever they want.  You see, breaks from our regular are good and necessary, but sometimes uncomfortable for me.  My mothering job is easier when everyone has things to do and places to be and purpose.  And although I do think taking a break and relaxing serves a valuable purpose to refresh and refocus us, I prefer having routine and schedule to help me manage the household.  This was a very enjoyable and satisfying puzzle and it allowed me to let them relax.
How amazing is Faith's hair??  We knew it had slowly been changing into curls, but when she got a haircut a few days before Christmas, it got even curlier! She loves it.
Peter was so happy to have his dad play some Hero Scape just with him.
Cannon and the deacons rock climbing at Momentum for an activity this week.  Cannon has dance classes that conflict with Young Men's activities on Wednesdays, so he was thrilled to get to go to this activity.
Game night at the Schramms with some of our favorite people.  I think one of my favorite things about this Christmas break as been playing games.
We played Code Names and Salem-- which it new to us, but we've have since ordered our own set because we enjoyed it so much.
Magic the Gathering for Hayden, George, and Cannon.
Avalon at this table
We played more games on New Years Eve with James and Andrea and London.  
We played Pit, Telestrations, Camel Up, and Cover Your Kingdom.
Greta has a friend in James.  
Andrea and I enjoyed a lovely lunch date this week.  I am so appreciative of her listening ear and understanding heart.
Downstairs the boys watched all the Lord of the Rings movies-- extended editions.
The girls watched a lot of Jane Austen movies upstairs.
Pretty much the best thing that can happen to these kids is o have Clark come over and be their dungeon master in a session of D&D. 
Cannon is learning the ways and enjoys being dungeon master as well.
My handsome boys in their suits.  
Cannon--age 12, Peter-- age 6, George-- age 10
Bethany and Faith and I took a little day trip up to Logan to move in a bit more of Bethany stuff into her apartment.  She won't be officially moving up there until January 15th, and she is pretty excited for this next step.
A date night out with Abe was a highlight of the break.  We met my cousin Ben and his wife Cali for dinner and great conversation.   

No comments: