Saturday, April 8, 2023

March Marches On


Sometimes (a lot of times) it is really nice that Abe is the Tradition Czar.  He gets the job done when I've run out of time and steam.  

Greta was so proud to have done her violin practice all by herself in her room on this particular day.  I wondered what was taking so long.  She told me she had to stop to do art.  And she did, in fact, write "EMO" at the top right corner.  I'm telling you, little kids with much older siblings know too much. 
Peter got a big science experiment/chemistry kit for Christmas.  We hadn't really done much of it because... well, that whole running out of time and steam thing again.  Anyway, he'd been begging and I'd been putting him off and telling him to wait because I needed to do it with him.  And then one day I thought to myself, "Why do I need to do it with him?  The boy can read!  Let him have at it." 
So I did.  And he did it and everyone was happy and nothing exploded.  Well, nothing that wasn't supposed to explode.  Mom for the win!
Greta made Peter a sign for his Science Show.
Good times.
A couple weeks ago we had a fabulous time at Jon and Misty's home for Sunday dinner.  This is my stunning niece, Aliyah.  I love this girl!  And my girl next to her and my man next to my girl. 
My two favorite six-year-olds-- Jules and Greta.
As I'm looking at these pictures and writing this I am listening to Rob Garner's Lamb of God, because tomorrow is Easter.  I'm feeling so much gratitude for Christ and his blessings to all of us.  My relationships with everyone in this picture are (at the very least) richer and fuller because of him.  But I'd go further to say that these relationships are only possible because of the goodness of God and His Son, Jesus Christ.
Beautiful Sunny!
Nixon and Peter did not wish to have their pictures taken.  Did I respect their wishes?  No, I did not.  And I'm not sorry.
Is there anything more fun than making up dances with your cousins?  I don't think so.  Jules, Greta, Rosalie, and Peter put on quite the show. 
So much drama.  Click here to experience the drama for yourself.

No comments: