Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Reptile Whisperer

Clark and his latest catch. I'm sorry if you are horrified of snakes. Abe and Clark caught this Gopher Snake up Spanish Fork Canyon. They bought a feeder mouse from the pet store and the snake ate it. It is very interesting to watch a snake eat a mouse. Sorry, if this is too much for you. However, if he was catching spiders I would be horrified. The snake does live in a tank in the garage if that makes it any better.






Clark recently did a couple of "Nature Experienceships" down at the BYU Monte L. Bean museum.
This picture is of the outing with the entomologist (studies insects).












Afterward, Abe took Clark and a couple of his friends back to where they had gone to catch reptiles and that's when they found the snake -- Ledge is his name. They also caught a little lizard.

2 comments:

camfox said...

Moses is begging us for a snake.

Amy F. said...

My girls have caught LOTS of garter snakes this summer. They feed them crickets. I actually have some frozen mice in my freezer that they refused to eat. I guess we need a gopher snake. My girls are so jealous!!