Thursday, August 27, 2009

Getting Pampered

When I was a little girl I always wanted to brush my mom's hair. She had beautiful, full, curly hair. She did not like me to brush her hair. I don't know if she had some sensory disorder or if she just didn't want her hair messed up. My dad would let us comb his hair, but not my mom. Sigh.
But, I LOVE to have my hair brushed. Any child who will brush my hair gets to be "the chosen one" for the day.
Fortunately, Faith loves to brush my hair. She says, "Me brush your hair. Me make it pretty." And then she runs her cute little, short-legged run to find the hairbrush. And she can always find the hairbrush, even if it is left out in the wrong place, because Faith can find ANYTHING. If you are missing something in my house, just ask Faith and she will find it We don't know how she does it. It's a gift she has. A very useful gift.

2 comments:

Ali said...

It is a beautiful thing! I will never forget the night that Elinor decided to make paint my nails and do my make up. While she was combing my hair she said "Isn't it nice that I am making you pretty?"

Yes, yes it was.

Amy F. said...

How cute is Faith!? I can tell you exactly why your Mom didn't want you to brush her hair. If you brush curly hair any time other than when it's wet, right out of the shower it looks like a big frizzy mess. It is not flattering and is also painful as it tangles easily. My hair was really curly through highschool (hormones?) and Julia and Jessica's hair does the same thing.