Sunday, September 17, 2017

Kidz Bop Concert--- Oh Yes, We Did

We were given 5 tickets to a Kidz Bop concert Saturday night.  I was somewhat familiar with the kids group that covers the latest popular music, but I've never been a big fan.  Even so, an opportunity to spend an evening with Abe and Team Middle Kids sounded very enjoyable, even if I didn't think I'd enjoy the actual music that much.
But WHATEVER!  I was totally digging it!  It was really fun music and I must admit the precocious, somewhat obnoxious kids were loaded with talent.
Let it be known that I have not spent much time at rock concerts.  If I had, I might have known I was doing the heavy metal sign totally wrong.  It should have just been the pinky and pointer finger.  Instead, I am clearly announcing to the world that I'm a 40 year old mother of 8 at a Kidz Bop concert-- who was thoroughly enjoying herself!
Abe and George doing "The Robot".  Of all the kids, George was most able to cut loose and have a good time.  He even left his seat a few times and headed up front to dance in the mosh pit of little people.
It was a struggle for Cannon.  He's spending too much time with his classical music in the ballet studio.
I suppose Kidz Bop was a little too low-brow for him.  He has such taste and dignity now.
Whatever.
Abe and I were so happy to get to spend the evening together.  We just don't see enough of one another lately. 

No comments: