Saturday, September 30, 2017

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Day

On this beautiful day of the year, I make a massive batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough, and we eat cookies pretty much all day.  It's a beautiful thing.  Greta joined in the festivities this year and she was a very happy little lady.
Greta has the widest, happiest, most beautiful smile.  She is smiling for pictures now and it brings me such joy.
She was a two-fisted cookie gal!
I was sad to discover (yet again) that it's not impossible to overdose on pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  In my mind, because they have vegetable in them, you ought to be able to eat as many as you want with no ill effects.  Not so.  But so worth it anyway. 
And yet, I may make another batch tomorrow.  There is a beautiful quote that says, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
All day long I kept thinking, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are pumpkin chocolate chip cookies."
And I'm so glad I live in a world where there is Greta.

No comments: