Friday, September 22, 2017

A World of Possibilities

On Thursday, September 21, 017 this arrived in the mail.  For whatever reason, we weren't really expecting it until the next day, so even though we knew it was possible, it did catch us a little off guard.  I texted Clark down at UVU with the message, "It's here!"
That envelope contained every possibility in the world.  I was really trying to calm my nerves, but I've never been good with the surprises.  If it had been up to me, I think I would have liked it to be just our family for the opening, but Clark had other ideas.
We had a very full house!  We would have fit better outside, but it was a cold and rainy evening, so inside it was.
 The time had finally arrived...
He begins to read the letter...
...And it Texas, Dallas Mission, Spanish speaking, entering the Mexican MTC on December 29th!  
 And both mama and son are VERY VERY happy!  He gets to learn a language, and I get to have him stay in the country!  Best of both worlds!
It was a wonderful, happy moment.  I speak truth when I say, that as soon as he opened his call and I knew where he was going, my worries and fears completely ceased concerning his going in a mission and being gone for two years.  I am thrilled for him to go to the Texas, Dallas mission. I feel certain it is exactly where he should be and he will have amazing experiences there.  
In the last 24 hours Abe has become the world's biggest Texas fan!  
With Grandpa Cannon, who has just a bit of missionary experience himself.
It was so good to have cousin Alexis come up from BYU.  Of course she had to be there for this special occasion.
I
I adore this picture of Clark and "Schramm" (Jakob).
Clark and Zach-- Zach will help carry on the Prototype X tradition in Clark's absence.
Clark and one of his long-time mentors, Adrianne.
Clark was so happy to have his robotics buddies come.  They cut short a team meeting so they could be there.
Lots of wonderful family.
Lots of Foxes from Utah County.  Fox family can fill a house to capacity on their own!
I didn't expect Texas for Clark-- I didn't have any idea where I thought he would go, but I had a few places I was somewhat afraid he would be called.
I hear everything is bigger in TexasIf that is the case, then I can't think of better place for Clark's big personality, big voice, and big spirit. 

We love and adore you, Clark, and will anxiously await the start of your grand mission adventure!

No comments: