Saturday, September 30, 2017

On His Turf

Over the past six months he has really gotten into hiking and his favorite trails are Oquirrh Mountains at the South end of the Salt Lake Valley.  He's spent many hours exploring and getting to know these mountains.  And he's gotten himself into great physical condition as well.
Last night I asked if I might accompany him on a hike this morning.
 He graciously invited me along.  And he was patient with me as I huffed and puffed my way up the mountain.  SHEESH!  I am out of shape!  I suppose it was good to know how far away I am from where I'd like to be as far as my fitness.
But what was REALLY GOOD, was spending the morning with Clark, being somewhere and doing something he loves so much.  I felt honored to share this place with him.  We talked about school and life plans, the upcoming mission and his childhood, his gifts and talents.  It was wonderful!
We were a little silly at the top.  I blame my lack of proper oxygenation.  I don't even know what I'm attempting to do here.
I enjoyed the morning so much, I am considering begging one more outing with him this fall.  He'll just need to plan a little more time than it would take he and his speedy little friends.
When he's on his mission and if Abe and I get to missing him too much, we'll just go on on one of his trails and look for lizards...
... meanwhile he will be moving on to other life adventures.

No comments: