Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm Sorry- So Sorry

We had one of our quarterly Primary activities this afternoon. It was a repeat of an activity we did last summer-- water games at our neighborhood park. Each member of the presidency was in charge of a game and the kids rotated around to the different games. We all enjoyed otter pops at the end.
I am apologizing for being such a GROUCH to all those sweet primary children. Here are my excuses: It was hot and I was tired. Being 8 months pregnant has that effect on me. That being said, I feel really bad. I should have tried harder to put on a happy face.
Abe and the kids are getting ready for their trip to Spokane and I'm getting ready for one of my best friends from Virginia to come visit me. When Abe first told me he was planning to go to Spokane for the reunion without me I was pretty sad. Sad because I would miss it, but also sad at the prospect of being home alone (with Cannon) for a week. Perhaps I should have relished such an idea but I was afraid my pregnant emotions would get the better of me. I told him if my dear Emily could come stay with me, then I would be just fine. Emily is someone who takes care of other people. She is a nurse by profession. She's a giver and I'm looking forward to hours and hours of chatting, plus a pedicure just to be spoiled.

3 comments:

Abe Fox said...

I was there and you were just fine....you simply brought some well-needed order to a bunch of wet and wild kids.

The clarkes said...

Well at least you have a good excuse. I made two primary kids cry at church yesterday and I'm not even pregnant :(
Hmmm sometimes I wonder how God gets anything done with all of us messing things up for Him. j/k I've never known you to be anything but wonderful!

Baden Fox said...

We'll miss you at the reunion, but I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend because you deserve it!