Saturday, March 24, 2012

Faith's 6th Birthday

They tell me that Faith has turned six.
I'm not so sure I believe that.  How is this possible?  I mean, I know how the aging process occurs, but I thought Faith was immune to it.  She has stayed the same for so long.  But it's happening.
This year was her "off" year for having a big friends party, but she was surprised to have one of her bestest gal pals over to play.
And her big sister, Bethany, did create a very pretty hairstyle for her.  Bethany did not succeed, however, in taking a very good picture of the pretty hairstyle.  The top was lovely as well.
And she got a big set of the new Friends Legos, which are all the rage amongst the girls at our house right now.  I am in love with these Legos.  They are so so so cute.  I've always appreciated Legos for the boys, but they never tempted me to play with them.  I want to play with these.
And on her birthday she got to go to her very first softball practice with big sister, Elinor.  They are both playing on an 8 and under team.  Elinor just barely made the cut off and I basically begged for them to let Faith on the same team.   It is an 8 and under team-- they didn't have a hard and fast rule about how much "under" they can be.  I figure, Elinor is the tallest and will be one of the best and Faith is the littlest and not so skilled; between the two of them they will equate to 2 average girls.  I'm not worried for her getting hurt because it's pretty safe in the outfield.  Elinor was the same age when she started.

By the way, I LOVE softball season.  After the winter it feels SO GOOD to get outside!! The girls and I have been practicing a lot in the backyard and I think Elinor has a better arm than I do!
And this past week she finally "got" her front walk over!!!!!!  There was much cheering and celebration!  Elinor was our action-packed photographer.  Here is more of her work:
The hand-stand.
The back-walkover.
We REALLY like the gymnastics school Faith goes to and we are super happy with the progress she is making.

For a family party for Faith earlier in the week we went to the Classic Fun Center for roller skating and bounce house.  The kids had a great time, but I think I had more fun.  I was cruising around the rink with Georgie in the stroller and I even climbed to the top of Bounce Everest!  Well, the first time I was almost at the top and then I was humiliated to fall 2500 feet to my near death.  Not really 2500 ft, but it was embarrassing and a little frightening.  However, just before we left the kids convinced me to try again and I made it!

What is a half-marathon next Saturday compared to conquering Bounce Everest?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, that girl is a true gymnast! You and your girls have the prettiest hair in the world! Your parties all look like a blast!
Mary Ellen