Sunday, August 13, 2017

Chicken Hypnosis and Other Bits of Life

I looked out my window and saw Elinor, Faith and Cannon attempting to hypnotize a chicken.  I do not know if they were successful.  I suspect they were not, but I was amused to see them try.
Elinor got a kick out of going to a Harry Potter O.W.L. camp at the county library one day this summer.  Faith also got to go on another day.  They both had fun.  We are currently reading the 5th Harry Potter book aloud together.  I'm mostly reading it to the younger kids and Bethany, since Elinor has already read it about 8 times.
Our cat.  Nowadays we just call it "Cat".
It's doing better, but it is still pretty mean to us.  And yet, we like her.  I suppose the only member of this family who gets away with more than she does is Peter.  The children are horrified by my lax discipline with Peter.
I choose peace.  I don't think they respect my choice.
She's gotten a little bigger since this picture was taken.
These little cuties do have swim suits on.  They are not actually bathing in coolers.  That would be weird.  They were playing with sprinklers and water outside and the coolers that had held water balloons from George's party were still out.  So naturally, they got in them and Abe took a picture.  Makes perfect sense.
George got to go with his cousin Eli to a Salt Lake Bees game a couple weeks back.  He loved it.
With the exception of Faith, we have pretty tall kids, so it's wild to see George dwarfed by his cousin who is a year younger than him!
Another Sunday photo shoot with Daddy and Greta.
When the kids return home from different camps all summer long, the first person they want to snuggle is Greta.  And Greta is so happy to see them!
She's teaching herself the guitar.  Elinor loves to hang out in her clean room-- drawing, reading, playing the guitar.  Can you say, "Introvert?"
A few weeks back we attended a private concert with Kenneth Cope-- a (former) nephew of my stepmom's.  My sister-in-law Misty was in town for the evening as well.  It was so beautiful and it felt good to our souls.  

No comments: