Sunday, February 25, 2018

Sleepy Homeschoolers

One of the perks of homeschool is you can sleep when you need to sleep.  This one has early morning seminary every other morning at 6 am and teaches swim lessons every morning every other week.
This one started water polo practices daily at 5 am.
They both regularly fall asleep on the couches while reading.
Faith was thrilled beyond belief to learn how to snowboard on President's Day while on a family sledding outing.  Bethany's friend Connor supplied the lessons and the snowboard to use.  Now she wants one for her birthday next month.
Looks like we better start scoping out the DIs to find a gently used one.  And maybe we'll have to give it to her before her birthday while there may still be some snow.
I attempted to snowboard as well and it was mortifying.  I may try again someday, because seriously, I cannot really be that bad.  But maybe not.  Maybe that ship has sailed... or sunk... or... whatever.
 And since we had snow, we busted out the bins of snow clothes and boots.  Which you know is not my favorite thing.  But I think I may finally be making some organizational progress on that front.  I'm only 18 1/2 years into parenting and I'm finally making peace with the snow clothes.
Elinor will turn 15 this week and she got her Patriarchal blessing this past Sunday.  Abe and I went with her and it was a wonderful experience.
Beautiful flowers from Jesse and Amy (Abe's brother and sister-in-law).  They sent them to remember Tessa's birthday-- February 19th.  The lilies smell so good and it is such a comforting smell to me.  If a smell can smell like love, then lilies smell like love to me.
Cannon plead for mercy when I discovered his dance bag was packed with many pairs of dirty socks.
Speaking of Cannon pleading for mercy.  This.
This is the effects of the Olympics on our household.  We've been having a hard time getting school work done.
Because someday Abe and I will wake up without little people climbing into bed with us.  And maybe, just maybe, we'll miss their warm, snuggly little bodies.
We enjoyed a very simple, low-key Valentines exchange party on Valentine's last week.  And as opposed to the teenagers, who love nothing more than to integrate boys and girls, this age group is delightfully segregated.  Boys only for this game.
The girls decorated cookies together.
Look, it's a sweetheart with a sweetheart!

No comments: