Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Give Yourself Time

The other day on Facebook someone posed the question, "What advice would you give your younger self?"
This is it.  GIVE YOURSELF TIME.  You are not finished yet.  And it isn't even up to you to finish yourself.  Keep working hard.  Be cheerful and be patient.  Trust God and trust the process of growing up and becoming.  You will be so much more and look so different that you expected.  Just give yourself time.
So that's what I have to say to my three teenage daughters right now.
Sunday afternoon it was my extreme pleasure to drive around with my Foxy Ladies scoping out locations for the pictures with their Sweethearts group this coming Saturday night.  Of course we had to take a few pictures at each one.  Oh my, they are so much fun.  I really can't get enough of them.
Things did get silly sometimes:)
Bethany-age 17
Elinor-age 15
Faith-age 12
They are all about to turn the next year, but I would certainly freeze time if I could.
Cold, but picturesque.
Sometimes we feel sorry for little Greta, who is an official Foxy Lady, but she is so much younger that she won't remember the hey day of the Foxy Ladies.  I suppose, it's similar to Clark being so much older than the little boys.  I suppose someday the "little boys" won't be so little anymore and by then Clark will be so much older that he won't be intimately involved in their day to day lives.
For the record, I plan to shamelessly spoil Peter and Greta when they are the only ones left at home.  Yeah, I'm not even going to try to raise decent human beings.  
Kidding.
Sort of.
You, my lovely girls, are marvelous.  I look forward to seeing where and what your efforts, time and God's grace will take you and make you.  

No comments: