Sunday, October 6, 2019

October 5, 2019

It's always nice to start a post with a picture of a perfect little sleeping Greta. 
Oh look!  Here's another one. 
Peter is really enjoying practicing his Christmas recital piece.  He has definitely surprised me with his interest and inclination for playing piano.  He has already memorized "We Three Kings" which I had planned for him to practice for a couple more months.  I think I'd better find him a new piece. 
The kids and I have enjoyed some excellent read-aloud books this year.  Last week we finished Where the Red Fern Grows which ended in lots of crying for Elinor and I.  We began The Giver last week -- which for Cannon and Faith was sort of shocking and horrifying and fascinating and intriguing at the same time.  I love the change of energy in the room as soon as they are hooked on a book and listening intently.  There are lots of things I enjoy about homeschool, but family read-aloud time is tops on the list.
It's stating the obvious to say they are growing up quickly.  Abe took this picture of the boys and Greta and when I saw it I was surprised to not see three not such little boys.  And so it goes...And it's a beautiful thing. 
Abe is about to begin an extremely busy couple of months at work.  Knowing his free time hours would be very limited, he put up Christmas lights this weekend.  And since I was away from home for most of the day, and not around to... suggest another course... he let the Littles get on the roof with him.  And that's all I have to say about that.
I went to Elinor's swim meet up in Bountiful.  She swam in six events over the course of the the two-day meet and she dropped so much time in each of her events.  She has worked so hard and I am thrilled to see her see the results of her hard work.  She is an inspiration to me!  This race was the 100 breast stroke and she is four lanes down from the top in a white cap coming in to the wall.  She had a sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's house up in Farmington since the meet was Friday night and Saturday morning.  She had a great time with them and reported they took great care of her.
She also had high school swim tryouts this week and after racing the 50 free, 100 IM, and 500 free was "ranked" the 3rd fastest girl.  She is excited and ready to work even harder (if that's possible) during the high school season.   
George is really enjoying his ballet classes at Ballet West Academy, and he is also continuing to take a tap class at Wasatch Arts.  George and Peter are in the boys hip-hop class there together as well -- which they love.  Greta cries every week that she wants to go to hip-hop too!  
 A couple weeks back I picked up Cannon from ballet to find him surrounded by a gaggle of ballerina's with cell phones out, videoing Cannon.  What was going on?
Come to find out he was rapping Hamilton and it would appear they were impressed. And rightfully so-- he has so much of it memorized and it's pretty entertaining to listen to him.
Greta and her cousin, Jules at Jules' Troll birthday party.  They are so sweet together.

No comments: