Friday, February 5, 2021

I'm Outta Here

 I am sitting in the Las Vegas airport on a layover, awaiting a flight to San Diego.  The seven sister-in-laws (married to the seven Fox brothers) are converging in San Diego for a long weekend of bonding, laughter, rest, sun, and relaxation.  I'm very much looking forward to my time with my sister-in-laws and with myself.  I want this time to process events of the last year.  I plan to write about some of that on this blog.  But I like to sort of catch up on life happenings here before I get to that.  

Cannon got his braces on about a week and half ago.  
He was pretty uncomfortable for a few days.  As it turns out, doing jumps in ballet is painful when your mouth is killing you.  He had a good supply of ice cream to comfort him.  We really like the orthodontist the older kids have gone to and I'm sure they'll take good care of Cannon to.  Hopefully Faith will get her braces off by the start of the summer-- one in braces is better than two in braces:)$$
Greta has discovered coloring books!!! I bought her 10 coloring books at the Dollar Store  Best 10.00 I ever spent.  She is in heaven and has been spending hours a day in her room coloring.  It's pretty great!
She also spends a lot of time putting on Frozen shows in her room.  This consists of her singing Frozen songs at the top of her cute little (not-so-little) lungs.  It makes me so happy.  Especially since Bethany just left for school and I miss hearing Bethany singing at home.
Peter did a Tae Kwon Do test on Saturday and got his Jr. Green belt.  TKD has been a great fit for Peter and he's moving right along through the belts.
Faith has been tapering and getting ready for her Regions swim meet this coming Saturday.  She was pretty excited to get her first fast skin racing suit.  These suits are TIGHT and take some real muscle and effort just to get the on.  YOU DO NOT-- I repeat-- DO NOT take this suit off when it's wet.  Unless you are done swimming for the day. You will not be able to get it back on.  If you need to pee-- you go in the pool.  It's gross, but that's how it has to be.
Bethany is doing well up at Utah State.  She likes her classes and roommates.  We talk pretty regularly and it's nice to get to miss each other:)
The roommates seem like really fun girls.
She is dating a nice guy named Kenyon who also attends Utah State.  Oh, and I don't think I mentioned it on here, but Bethany is going to be a Young Performing Missionary in Nauvoo this summer!!!-- assuming anything happens in Nauvoo this summer.  Fingers crossed.  We are so, so happy to see this dream come true for her. 
The Brothers Fox.  I appreciated their cooperation for this picture.  

Update:  Now I am sitting in the living room of the condo in San Diego.  Ahhhhh.  Six of the seven of us have arrived.  We've visited the grocery store to get supplies...

Another Update:  I am now sitting out on the balcony of the condo enjoying the sun, sounds, light breeze and feeling quite content. 

Yet Another Update: I am having so much fun and feeling so relaxed visiting and playing with my sister-in-laws, that yet another day has passed and I haven't made any more progress on this post.  No matter.  I shall continue on.

Okay, now where was I?
Abe celebrated his 46th birthday.  It's not really a milestone birthday.  Nor would I say we celebrated it with much class or style--although a few days before we enjoyed a lovely dinner out with Daniel and Lori, which is always such fun.  Clark and Alexa were sweet to come by with a cake and we had a couple little things for Abe to open.  But let me tell you something about this picture and about Abe.  When things get tough, Abe keeps going.  He keeps smiling.  He keeps loving.  He keeps working and serving.  He keeps trying.
This picture was taken when loved ones were going through some tough stuff.  I won't elaborate here (not my place to, and not the place to).  Also, it doesn't matter so much the particulars.  We've been through tough stuff and before and we will again.  The point is, when I look back at this picture, I want to remember that we pulled together, and thought the best of each other and we kept hoping, and trying and loving and smiling.   Abe is awesome that way.  
He is a wonderful partner to go through life with and I am grateful.
George takes good care of Greta-- He made her a crown, and got her her unicorn, and treated her like a princess.  She is devoted to George.
Sometimes Elinor and Faith dress up as teenage stoner boys for fun.   Sort of disturbing, but mostly it's pretty funny.  I particularly like the eyebrow work Elinor did on Faith.  
Our Young Women in our ward recently did an activity at a local barn that does all sorts of equine activities-- including therapy.  The lady who owns it did a group bonding activity for our girls and both Elinor and Faith were able to go.  
Both Elinor and Faith chose donkeys over horses.  What does this mean?
The girls really enjoyed this activity and I'm sure that after almost a year of not being able to have much by way of varied and exciting youth activities, this was a welcome treat.


Faith did gymnastics practice with Greta and her cute little friend.  Can you believe that these little ladies are actually only about six months apart?  Greta is pretty tall and her friend is pretty tall.
Elinor enjoyed participating in Riverton's Hope Walk last Saturday with her Youth Council friends.

A definite highlight of last weekend was getting to go to the Bountiful Temple with Julia and Sheamus on Friday evening for their endowment session.  It was wonderful and peaceful and very needed.  It was snowing quite hard in when we got out and it was rather a scary drive home, but we made it.
Then we got to go back Saturday morning for their sealing.  Saturday night we had a big Foxy sibling dinner.  Such a good weekend!



No comments: