Saturday, February 27, 2021

Valentines 2021

 

As I have already mentioned, I had the most wonderful sisters-in-law trip to California back at the beginning of February.  It is now almost the end of February and I feel like we're finally back into our routine of life.  Except that Abe is currently on his much anticipated brother's D&D trip in Vegas, so I suppose we're scrambling a bit to fully function in his absence.  I am glad he comes home tomorrow.  But my point is, I haven't found as much time as I would have liked to blog.  I like keeping up this family history.  Cannon sort of "rediscovered" this family blog the other day and was amazed to find recorded so much of his life.  I mean, I suppose he knew it existed, but it is treasure trove of childhood memories.  You're welcome:)
Now, for the record, we don't have a history of going all out on Valentines Day.  And if I saw a family doing this, I likely would find it over-the-top and somewhat obnoxious-- adjectives that have, in fact, accurately described our family at times-- But since our Christmas pajamas finally arrived from China three days before Valentines, we threw together a big family Valentine's pajama party! 
We all decorated Valentine's bags for the family Valentine's exchange.  Faith added a little something extra to her bag.  She has some mad photoshopping skills.
The big kids enjoyed a throw back to their younger days of homeschool Valentine's parties and the littles loved having so many big people playing with them.
Everybody made valentine's for everybody and then distributed.  We all thought it was pretty cool that we had enough people for a good size party just on our own-- 12 of us.  Bethany had a friend there with her, who is no longer in the picture.  Nice enough guy, just not right for her.  
We had a delicious waffle bar for dinner.  And based off of the boys bulging cheeks, it was a hit.
What a beautiful waffle you have there, Faith.
After the Valentine's exchange and dinner, we watched one of our family's favorite movies, Dan in Real Life.  If you've never watched it, I can't recommend it highly enough.  Well, the family watched while I prepared part three of the festivities-- decorating sugar cookies.  What came over me?  I was feeling so industrious!  
Always a creative one, George build some so of battle structure with the cookies and icing.  
I see where Clark was going with his.
When you're four years old, you can never have too many sprinkles.
I may have been feeling a little prideful in my creations.  I thought maybe I'd win the decorating contest.
Competition was fierce.
But alas, Faith was voted the victor!  Followed closely and somewhat controversially, by Greta in 2nd place.  Many believed Greta was the true winner-- but I think that had very little to do with her actual creations.  Turns out I was a very distant third.  
A few more fun pictures--

On a side note, we really love our home.  It's not huge, but we are so grateful for how it suits our needs and provides a safe, happy place for us to closely enjoy each other's company.
This is Greta's sassy lips!!!  I'm dying.
I love my Foxy Ladies!

No comments: