Sunday, April 18, 2021

First Hike of 2021

Happy, happy day!! Last Saturday was the official kick-off for the 2021 Fox family hiking season.  It was absolute perfection.  I've been thinking about it ever since and am anxiously awaiting our next opportunity to take to the hills.  Darn these children and their busy schedules!  Kidding.  I love these children and their busy schedules, but I am looking forward to when we get out in nature all together again. 

The visor club.  Our hike ended up being about 4 miles and that little Greta did it!  She complained a little as we got toward the top, but she did it.  And Peter was basically running up the mountain-- broken arm notwithstanding.  It was a far cry from a couple years ago.
One of my all-time favorite pictures of Abe.  It felt so, so good to be out in the fresh air and sunshine.  
This picture is pretty great too:)  I guess Greta didn't hike the entire way by herself, but most of the time anyway.
Part of the lizard catching team. 
My favorite picture of Greta and I.  I love this picture because I feel it's a good representation of parenting.  I'm bigger, and a little ahead of her, holding her hand and encouraging her.  But we're on the trail together, both trying to make our way to the top.  We have the same goal-- climbing higher together.  
My happy place with my happy person.
Success for the lizard catching team!
Heartbreak when Greta learned the lizard was not to be her ow personal lizard.
I want to be there again.
I've been looking forward to putting up this blog post so that I can relive it.  It really was glorious.
Someone caught her a lizard afterall.
What a cute moment.
My favorite view.
George and Greta.













 

No comments: