Thursday, May 13, 2021

She's a Missionary!

 

Tuesday night, May 11, 2021 Bethany was set apart to be a church service Young Performing Missionary in Nauvoo this summer.  It is her dream come true!  She'll be testifying of Christ through word and music and dance for the next three months.  I remember this when Clark got set apart as well-- all of a sudden, I feel how much they are in the Lord's care and I don't need to worry about them.  Now, I understand it is true that we are all in the Lord's care and we can have faith and not fear, but it is definitely taken up a notch when they are set apart as a missionary.  

Bishop Perry set her apart and it was very special and tender.  I was so grateful we could all be there for the moment.  
Wednesday morning started dark and early at 4:00 AM to get her to the airport for a 6:20 AM flight.  There were no tears-- just smiles all the way around.  I mean, it is only for three months and we get to see her halfway through, so I think we'll all be just fine.  Actually, we'll be better than fine.  
A few hours later we got a text and a picture of her from St Louis with her missionary tag and companion, Sister Miess.
We were so happy to see several pictures of the group beginning their rehearsals in Nauvoo today on the parents and families Facebook group.
Do you see her there in the USU sweatshirt?  There was a clip of then singing and it was like a choir of angels!!! I can't wait to hear the in person in July.

No comments: