Thursday, May 13, 2021

Sleeping In My Van

 

One of us is happier than the other to be leaving the house at 4:35 AM.  Faith has started 5 AM practices in Lehi on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 6 AM on Saturday, in addition to afternoon practices five days a week.  Basically she is a BEAST and as soon as she's eaten after a practice, she is just living to get to the next practice.  She loves the Lehi Aquatics swim team.  It's worth the drives and the early morning to see her working so hard and loving it so much.

When I drive her down in the mornings I often walk in the neighborhood surrounding the rec center.  But occasionally I am tired...

... I sleep on a bench in my van like a homeless person.  
And then I take a selfie of myself sleeping like a homeless person--- because I'm a dork like that.
She likes being outdoors for the afternoon practices.
We had Bethany home for a few days and I had to get a picture of the violin girls together. 
Several of my siblings recently went out to dinner to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday.  We went to Los Cucos in Sandy-- the company and the food were fantastic.  We really must go out together more often.
This ring was my Grandma Beth Clark's wedding ring.  I don't know if it was her original ring, or one she got later in their marriage.  Somehow, when my mom passed away I ended up with this ring and a few years ago I started wearing it and I really, really liked it.  It was rather bent up and a little too big.  Abe had been wanting to take it into a jeweler to get it fixed up-- a new, thicker band and replaced prongs.  He wanted to have it partly be from him, if this was the wedding ring I wanted to wear.  
I thought it was somewhat unnecessary, but since I tend to be less sentimental than Abe, I was willing to follow his lead.  And I must confess that when I saw this ring all gussied up so sparkly I was enchanted.  I love it more than ever and I do love that it meant so much to Abe.  He's pretty great that way.  
Saturday evening we went to a graduation party for a long-time family friend-- Matthew Johansen.  He is the older brother of Bethany and Elinor's closest childhood friends..
Greta went to town eating churros...
... and cotton candy.  And now she's been sick with a cold all week.
We love the Johansens are are so glad that we still get to associate with one another even though they don't live in our neighborhood anymore.  

No comments: